Saturday, June 2, 2012

Little Drops of Water

Today is my "Simple Set Saturday" post on RRD - my time to create a quick card set. I felt like using distress inks for my backdrop but my favorite distress background, dragging glossy cardstock through misted distress ink, does take some time to dry. Every time I try to speed up the process with a heat gun, I end up blowing the wet ink around in ways that I don't really like OR worse - fading everything out. Today, I cheated! I used a sponge roller to reduce the moisture on the cardstock and speed up the dry time.

I really liked the result especially when it became evident that the colors would be a bit more vivid than even letting it dry naturally.  Of course, I am still mastering my new camera but it is much brighter in real life - ya gotta believe me :)

The card below is one of the set of 4. I had a lot of fun with it and used 4 different types of embellishments on my set! Gotta keep it interesting, right?

Stamps: boy and sentiment from Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I used ribbon as my embellishment on this one as I thought the strips were reminiscent of the ribbon on the boy's hat!

To see the rest of my cards, visit the RRD blog and my Simple Set Saturday post.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blues, the ribbon and the use of the rounded corners on your background shape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...