Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Furry Father's Day

In honor of Father's Day, I decided to get grizzly again with a little marker watercolor. I love this technique, but have to admit sometimes I get lazy about mixing two colors. This time, I did it by the book!


I used my new bears from the RRD Getting Grizzly plate for the bears and the sentiment from the Bits and Pieces collection also from Rogue Redhead Designs. I colored the sky as well but it is such a subtle blue that it did not translate in my picture. I did really love how the various colors had blended when it finally dried. I turned out just like I like it - nice and simple!


Happy Father's Day

Stamps:
bears and bee from Getting Grizzly and sentiment from Bits and Pieces (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Whisper White and Handsome Hunter (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Markers: So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Handsome Hunter, Garden Green, Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue (Stampin Up)
Technique: Marker Watercolor (Technique Junkies)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Simply Create Too - Father's Day

My Sheri Crafts - Father's Day

Craftng for All Seasons - For Man

Hope your Father's Day is filled with love, laughter and lots of leisure time!

10 comments:

  1. I just Love these bears, so cute! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bears Shar, so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card... love the coloring technique. Thanks for sharing this at My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! Love the coloring technique! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable, the colouring technique is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon: Your card is just great for our Challenge #15 - "Happy Father's Day [or for a Male]" Challenge. A big thank you for joining in at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply CreateTooDesign Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute is this Father's Day card! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...