Thursday, June 14, 2012

Grizzly Spotlight

I love using spotlight techniques. This is one of my favorites - leaving a simple image and creating a spotlight of color with a shape or panel. This group of bears from RRD's new Getting Grizzly plate really lent itself to an easy circle spotlight. 


After I had stamped the full bear image onto the craft paper, I stamped it again onto a bit of white scrap. I colored the bears and then took a circle punch and picked out a section that I liked!

Stamps: bear group and sentiment from Getting Grizzly (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am entering this card into the following charming challenges:

Hybrid Chick - Caravan Challenges - Clean and Simple

Stampin' Royalty - Clean and Simple

Tuesday Throwdown - Critters

Wishing you a day together with some friends just like these cute bears are enjoying!

5 comments:

  1. too cute! love the "bear bones" comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card and an easy spotlight technique. thank for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially like the circle selection as focus on this Bear critter card. Thank you for entering Tuesday Throwdown.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Guest Designer Tuesday Throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spotlight cards, Shar, and this one is magnificent! Thanks for honoring us by playing along in our "Critter Crazy" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again often.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...