Sunday, June 3, 2012

Behind the Garden Gate

Spring to me means getting back into the garden.  For the new Reader Art Quest - Spring Thing at Unruly PaperArts, I decided to create a garden scene. 

This card may look simple straight on but I added a little something - layers!  Yup, I actually used pop-up dots.  I colored 3 versions of the same image in exactly the same way. 

Stamp: Rare Image Rubber Stamps

I then cut out the boy from one of the extras and popped it up from the main card.  For my last layer, I cut out the watering can and one of the plants and added this last layer with more pop-up dots.


I really loved the extra dimensionalit!  That doesn't mean I'll be using pop-up dots any more than usual.  I am still on my original package which I bought in 2005 when I started stamping!

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Secret Crafter - Anything Goes

Crafting for all Seasons - Many Layers (5 in total - hope that's enough)

Have something that means "Spring" to you?  Craft that vision and enter it into the new Reader Art Quest - Spring Thing!  The top 5 entries will be showcased in our July issue of Unruly PaperArts!

7 comments:

  1. Oh bless him, he's delightful.
    Hope the sun is shining for you, it's Jubilee weekend here so it's typically tipping down!
    Hugs, Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dimension you have created Shar and fabulous colouring up.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous piece, thank you so much for joining us this week for our Anything Goes Challenge a the Secret Crafter
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great creation
    Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coloration here is just gorgeous and the 3D effect really makes it pop...very stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coloration here is just gorgeous and the 3D effect really makes it pop...very stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love your layers. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...