Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Bear of a Dad's Day Card

Wow! Father's Day really snuck up on me this year!  I got busy today making my cards for friends, family and my dear husband.  I thought the Getting Grizzly plate might make some great Dad's Day cards.


For the design of this one, I took inspiration from the weekly challenge on the StampersCorner Yahoo Group.

The color came to me when I saw the pretty day outside. I love yellow. It can work for such a wide variety of cards - masculine or feminine. I turned to my scrap basket, which magically does not seem to be getting any emptier, for the pretty layered papers. The ribbon is a fav of mine from PaperTemptress. She has some great and unique ribbons that really add flair.

Once I had chosen the colors and layout, I colored up this little bear on some X-Press IT paper. I got the tip on this lovely smooth paper during my copic certification class.

Stamps: bear from Getting Grizzly and sentiment from Bits and Pieces (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Pink Elephant - Masculine

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Father's Day

Fab n' Funky - Father's Day

I can bearly wait until Father's Day! What about you?

8 comments:

  1. These little bears make fun masculine cards. Love the coloring on the bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Love the flourish with it. Sets it off well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great use of the paper scraps too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Love that rich ribbon with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
    Don't miss out on the regular freebies at Trimgym's Digistamps and Images and the current challenge there. Hope to see you there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bear's expression! Great Father's Day card, thanks for sharing with Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...