Tuesday, May 1, 2012

UPA RAQ1: Wedding-themed Anything but a Card

It's the first of the month which means it's time for a new issue of Unruly PaperArts and some new Reader Art Quests! I've made a sample for May's RAQ 1: Wedding-themed Anything but a Card. I decided to make a collaged hanging. I started with an art board which I painted with a selection of gold- and copper-toned Lumiere paints. I added two collage images - one of a gypsy girl and one of a vintage bridal couple and then stamped the sentiment.



I finished off the piece with a couple of embellishments. I liked the way it came out although it was difficult to photograph :)


Hope you'll play along with our new Reader Art Quests and check out what we have in store for the Wedding Wonders issue of UPA.

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous hanger, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great piece Shar and I have just noticed the heart in the hanger. Love it.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece, Shar! Love the background and that dreamer gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful and romantic piece, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great piece, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon. I love your creation, both colours and images. The hanger sets it off too x thanks for sharing. Just became your newest follower......Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightfully put together project with vibrant colors! The little hanger is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful and dreamy piece Shar! wow, inspirational. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...