Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Simply Missing You

Even though my amazing husband is currently en route home, I am definitely still missing him.  He's been away for over a week, a very long week!  Guess you may think I am crazy but we are still in the honeymoon stage 15 years after the ceremony.  Goofy, right?


To keep myself  busy while I waited, I made this sunshine-colored card to ward off my blue feeling. I was browsing challenge blogs when I found two CAS challenges that made me smile. 

The layout was inspired by Clean and Simple Stamping's Sketch #189.  I took a little liberty with the arrangement, but I think it is still pretty close to the original intent.


The color scheme came from Simply Less is More's Yellow ChallengeCrafty Boots is also having a Yellow Challenge this week.  Guess everyone is craving sunshine!


Well, off to while away the last few minutes before he arrives.

16 comments:

  1. not goofy at all--how wonderful to still be in the honeymoon stage! And I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think it's lovely that you still miss him so much. Hope he's back safe now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Shar... have a great time when hubby returns!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crafting is so therapeutic! I love your clean and crisp card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real ray of sunshine - hubby and card eh? Hope he's back safe and sound. Mine comes back tonight having been away this week too.
    Lovely card - longing for the summer sun.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card! Glad he will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, the yellow just makes the card pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet you still miss hubby...I do too and it's been nearly 20 years. But it sure helps the mojo! Your card is lovely! I love your take on the sketch, and that image is vintage goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. not goofy at all. It's going to be 31 years for me and my husband and I was just away for a weekend and the first thing I do when I drive in our driveway is go inside and give him a big hug.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, not goofy at all--as it should be, actually!
    Very sweet card, Shar.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adroable! Not silly at all to still be in the honeymoon stage after 15 years! That is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! I love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super sweet card, Shar! Hope you have a lovely reunion with your honey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We should ALL be so goofy. Wonderful card, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card, I love this simple design and your image looks fab.

    Thank you for sharing your card with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific card Shar
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...