Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Not Making a Mother's Day Card

This week I am NOT rushing around to make a Mother's Day card.  Why?  Because my mom, sweet as she is, gets really really really annoyed if my siblings and I try and recognize Mother's Day.  It is her philosophy that we should love and cherish her every single day and not just one day a year.  I really could never argue with that.  I have tried to explain that we can still do that and have Mother's Day but Mom just won't have it.  Of course, it made things a little tricky for my sister, brother and I during elementary school where well-meaning teachers tried to persuade us to make cards that would never be delivered.


Today, I decided to make a little "I Love You" card for my fab mom and send it next week, well away from the danger zone.  It's cute, right?  So is she!

I used the great Sketch #164 over at CardPatterns!  I did change the circle to an oval, but I think that's okay.


I used an image I got from a sweet friend overseas. I have been procrastinating using the last of these images but, ya know, it's for Mom so.....

Stamps: Fairy (HAnglar & Anglar); sentiment (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I thought this card would also work well for the following fantastic challenges:

Anything Goes - Things with Wings

Bearly Mine Challenges - Fairies

Papertake Weekly - Cute Cute Cute

Hope you all have a fabulous day with lots of green goodness, sunny outlooks and flowering fancies!

7 comments:

  1. gotta love your mom- makes me smile, that you'll post your card next week :-) and it's such a bright cute card too ! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is,really beautiful love the image,and the colours,just gorgeous bless you for playing at anything,goes,this week hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cute card :) Thanks for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge this week and good luck - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! Love the colouring and the colour palette that you used. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely love this cutie!!sure your Mum will appreciate it next week
    thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs laney

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card you have made here. It fits perfectly for the Bearly Mine Challenge Blog. Thank you for taking part in this challenge and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking image and fabby colours. It's lovely. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges this week. Hope to see you back soon.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...