Thursday, May 17, 2012

Flower Power

I find myself over and over creating very simple cards without a lot of embellishments. For this card, my only embellishment is a little bit of thread wound around the main image.


This image is from a Stampin' Up! set I haven't used in ages. While this blossom could be many different kinds of flowers, I've made it a Brown-eyed Susan as it is a personal fav of mine.  The color is Pearl Ex mixed with Future Floor Polish and painted onto the image.  It gives a little shimmer.


I am entering this card into the following charming challenges:

Papertake Weekly - In the Garden

Art with No Boundaries - Fit to be Tied

Hooked on Crafts - Flowers

I hope your day blooms with promise, prosperity and passion!

13 comments:

  1. Love this flower Shar, brilliant idea wrapping the twine around too, great detail!
    Have a lovely day, Sam ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shar...The twine looks great, and finishes the card off simply and beautifully. (I love black eyed susan's too)
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love that image. And a nice chuckle over the benefits of cleaning up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but effective! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card! and what sweet wishes at the end of your post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shar this is a perfect card - simple but very effective!! The twine on it is perfect for our "Fit to be Tied" Challenge at Art With No Boundaries! Thanks for "playing" this fortnight - hope to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you could join us at Papertake Weekly with this gorgeous card! Super sweet Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous and so effective

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! I love the simplicity and elegance!
    The bit of thread is just perfect!
    Thank you for joining us at the Art With No Boundaries challenge and thank you for sharing your lovely creation!
    Hope you'll join us again!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH I LOVE THAT SET! Now I have to go find mine!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! That flower is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges!
    Hugs, Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...