Thursday, May 10, 2012

Distressed Marie

I had that rare opportunity to stamp all afternoon yesterday! This card came out of a few different challenges but started with Simon Says which asked us to Show Our Favorite Stamp. Marie from the RRD Relish Reading set has always spoken to me. Her pensive but vaguely haughty expression just makes me smile.


The layout for this card came from the latest Freshly Made Sketch - #34. I loved that I would have a bunch of lovely panels with which to play. Craft Your Passion has a challenge for Distressed/Torn Edges. I decided to add a distressed edge to all my panels! I also added some sponging to the edging to make it more pronounced.  The paper is all from a BasicGrey 6x6 pad.

Stamps: Marie and sentiment from
Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Hope you have a wonderful day and get to daydream a little bit along the way!

7 comments:

  1. Shar
    Gorgeous colours and composition.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely mix of colors and papers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Day Dream card - glad you had a whole day of getting inky - love those! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us at our Craft Your Passion Challenge this week. It was great to see all your work. Play with us again soon and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty! Love the vintage feel and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful way to mix the papers and image. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...