Sunday, April 1, 2012

Simple Feline Inkiness

To get into the Sponging Spectacular mood over at Unruly PaperArts, I decided to create a few one-layer cards with simple sponged color.


It was pretty quick to put together and I really liked the bold look.  I started by stamping my image on a piece of white cardstock with black ink.  The cat is from RRD's Just Sayin' plate and the sentiment is from RRD's Bits and Pieces plate.


I then restamped the image onto a repositionable note and cut it out for a mask. 


I decided a circlular shape would be perfect for this cute kitty.  I punched out a large circle from a repositionable note and used the reverse (waste) as my mask.

Once I had the basic structure, I picked my inks.  I love warm colors and I was going for a sunrise feel on this one.  I picked out mustard, orange and rust inks.


I started with the mustard ink and sponged it over the entire open area.  I was careful to sponge from the edges inward to avoid ink straying where it shouldn't be.

Next, I added the orange ink in a wide band around the outside rim.

For the final hint of color, I sponged some rust around the edge of the mask.



See!  Easy-peasy!  All I had to do to finish up was remove the masks and add a sentiment.  Tip:  make sure to wipe your hands and fingertips before removing the mask or inky fingerprints can mar your nice clean and simple card!

After this one went so well, I made a few more.  You can check them out on Rogue Redhead Designs!

You may also want check out what's up for this month's Unruly PaperArts Issue - Ink Minx!

7 comments:

  1. Sweet card, love how you made it too. Thanks for sharing the step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tutorial. the card is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh you know I love that stamp and also the great way you've used it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't basic fun to go back to? Love the card and the Unruly Paper Arts group. YOU ROCK GIRL FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the masking Shar! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply sweet and a great way to kick off the new site :0)
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE this! great tutorial. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...