Friday, April 13, 2012

Inky Goodness

I love playing with different inks!  This card has a Distress Ink wash with a border of pounced alcohol ink diluted with blending solution and, finally, images stamped with Archival Ink.  I love the way it came out!

Stamps: Paperbag Studios and  Invoke Arts.


If you want some quick facts on some of the most common types of ink and to see a few more of my inky cards, check out my FYI article on Unruly PaperArts.

In the meantime, I have entered this card into the following challenges:

My Time to Craft - Fairy Nice

Make My Monday - Vintage (Men and Boys)

Smudgy Antics - Anything Goes (No Cute)

Hope your day has some inky goodness included!

16 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Come by for a giveaway in honor of my father's 84th birthday!
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-travel-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This. Is. Awesome. That's all. Bye, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful card, love the image awesome job thanks for sharing at smudgy antics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ink effects! I love the color scheme! Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way it came out too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Shar! This is just fabulous! LOVE the bright colors--and your black images look so sharp! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Shar! Love the combination of black stamps and background colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the inky effects here and the combination of stamps. A very striking card. Thank you for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week and do hope to see your artwork again

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! An amazing card Shar. Love the inky background and your stamping is just fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at MMM this week and wishing you good luck. Really lovely to see you there too.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shar, your piece of art is adorable...the background compliments the images used perfectly. Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! I love that inky background. Very arty style,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Shar its Awesome!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project! Thanks for joining My Time To Craft! Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic!!! I love everything...the design, the color, the image with wings, all the inky layers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...