Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Last Century

Today, Gingersnap Creations announced their latest Random Redhead Challenge - Last Century!  I hope you will drop by Gingersnap Creations to see all the great art by the Gingers!


I decided to go back to the beginning of last century with my piece.  I used a Technique Junkies technique called collaged circles - okay, I did twist it a weeee bit but the circle collage images from Retro Cafe Art Gallery just seemed to be calling to me! 

I used the Two Inch Circles - Debrina Pratt collage sheet from Retro Cafe Art Gallery for the bottom panel and I painted an old text page with some white paint and then stamped the sentiment from Oxford Impressions over top. I was inspired by the Crafty Cardmakers' Time Challenge when I picked this particular sentiment.

I really loved the way the images all melded together to create a great vintage feeling.  That's why I thought this card would also be great for the Creative Card Crew Vintage Challenge.


Have a fabulous day and don't forget to think back on times past!

15 comments:

  1. I love the way you layered the circles! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card with all those circles, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really striking card that would be ideal to give to a man... thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!

    Thanks for joining the 'time' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a cool card! Love that collage of circles! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I saw this come up on my email I just had to come in for a closer look. AWESOME Shar!!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really effective with those circles - great images too - a really stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shar
    This is positively striking.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a terrific card! Love the use of images on the collage of circles. The colors make the card so elegant and timeless! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!! Great card!! What an awesome challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a striking card, love the way you used the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great design, love the images. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...