Wednesday, March 7, 2012

GC141: Granny's Photo Album

I got busy with some challenges today! I wanted something different so I broke out all my collage images.

There's a fun challenge for you this week on Gingersnap Creations! For the Chestnut Theme LinkChallenge for March the inspiration is "Granny's Photo Album".

I have kept on with my Women's History Month theme in the card below! I used some lovely collage images from Retro Cafe Art Gallery! I love using photo corners so that was my next step. I had this yummy paper in my scrap bin and it was a perfect backdrop for these two ladies. The sentiment, "I Am Woman", was the final detail. I just love that empowering song, don't you?

I Am Woman
Stamp: sentiment (Chapel Road Art)
Collage Images: Family Tree collage sheet (Retro Cafe Art Gallery)
Paper: scraps from the ole basket
Cardstock: Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: photo corners

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Craft Room Challenge - Vintage

Creative Inspirations Paint - Family

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Text Me (text in the background - sentiment is stamped)

Delicious Doodles - Inspired by a Song (I Am Woman by Helen Reddy)

Don't forget to check out the new blogozine, Unruly PaperArts, premiering April 2012! We are still looking for guest artists for our Inky Minx issue. Check out the details!

12 comments:

  1. Love your card, especially the sentiment, brill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos, love the way they are displayed.
    Hope your week is going well.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with the appearance of very strong women! Love that song and the seniment. I could not help but think that they may be saying, "don't mess with me." Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, what happened, I was working on a comment, and it disappeared!

    Those Retro Cafe Arts images are something else, and what a perfect text to go with them!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful strong women there and you have given them both the perfect backdrop and quote! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous vintage card, I love the sentiment you've used with those images. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful display of such treasured photos. Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shar, I love old family photos, and these photos of your grandma certainly show some of her character, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation of fantastic women!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Vintage Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations paints challenge this week!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card hun! Perfect for our 'Inspired by a song' theme at Delicious Doodles this time.
    Good luck with the draw,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...