Monday, March 12, 2012

Garden Gate

I love the quote from my Relish Reading plate, "A book is like a garden carried in the pocket". I decided to work with this idea for one of my gate fold cards.

I started with a mix of BasicGrey papers with a bookish theme and a wonderful palette of colors. I used these with a deep green base to hook into my garden theme. I added the little swingers from the same collection and used a bright green and nice earthy browns and yellows to color it in.

To create the closure for this card, I punched a small circle out of the deep green, added a brad to the center and mounted it to my card. My circular center panel slid between the brad and the circle for an easy closure.

From there, I created two inner panels showing my favorite readers. Again, I used the bright green to pull it together and pull some colors from the designer papers.

For the left panel, I left a small bit of white at the bottom for my message.

Finally, I added the quote that inspired it all to the middle inner panel.

Voila! Another gatefold! A couple Saturdays ago, I made a whole bunch on the RRD blog with a short tutorial. This Saturday, we posted Rebel Challenge #9: Gatefold Cards! Why not join in?

I also entered this card into the following challenges:

Scrappy Frogs - Seeing Spots (the inspiration for my choice of inner paper)

Just Some Lines - 2 Items Over 6 Months Old (the BasicGrey paper, the Relish Reading stamps and my decorative brad - okay, everything on this card is over 6 months old!! Yikes!)

Card Makin Mamas - Use Green and a Colored Image (3 colored images - lots o' green)

Hope you have a day that blossoms with joy and possibly a really good book!

3 comments:

  1. very vintage...lovely card..thanks for sharing at just some lines

    Tina
    dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, flows beautifully Shar.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing with us at Just Some Lines Spring Cleaning!

    Love, Laura
    ps- don't forget to check out my blog for the extra goody box for my followers (getting close to 100!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...