Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gaga for Gate Folds

Yup, I'm still making gate fold cards! I put together a bunch last weekend. Not sure how? Visit my post on RRD to see how I did it.

I had a lot of fun with this type of card! So many panels with which to play!

For this one, I wanted a sense of fun and whimsy. Polka dots definitely hit both those marks! I also decided to use my Carnival Dreams mini for the bulk of the images.

For an easy closure, I punched out circles from coordinating cardstock and added a decorative brad. My closure panel (with the jester hat) slips right between the circle and bottom of the brad for a nice stable closure.

When you open the card up, there's a lovely big panel for an image and a smaller panel for a personal note. I paper pieced the image of the lovers with the same two designer papers I used to cover the various panels of the card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Rogue Redhead Rebel Challenge - Gate Fold Cards

Fairy Tale Challenge - Paper Piecing

PaperCrafting Journey - Anything Goes

Hope you have a day that just keeps unfolding with new and fun surprises1

7 comments:

  1. Great card, love how you have coloured your carnival couple XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shape to the card and great papers and colours.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. lloks great Shar, I love the subtle colours for the carnivale couple, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw- love love the colors you used- great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shar, love the design and fun of this card! Image is great and love how you colored it.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a beautiful card. Fantastic work.
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...