Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Things That Leap

It's time for a Once in a Blue Moon Challenge again at Gingersnap Creations! For this Blue Moon, we are asking you to use "Things that Leap" as your inspiration.

I made two cards for this challenge. The first thing I thought of for leaping were beautiful ballerinas leaping on the stage. I had fun with this one. Thinking also of Rogue Redhead's Stamped Background Rebel Challenge, I stamped a small stamp showing a ballerina repeatedly on cardstock stained with Distress Ink.


Leap into your Dream
Stamps: Degas Ballerina (Stamp Framcisco); Prima Ballerina (Inkadinkado); dream (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick and Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink)

Thinking of Rogue Redhead's Use a Stamped Background Rebel Challenge, I stamped the smaller ballerina stamp repeated on cardstock stained with distress ink. I cut out each square and then reassembled the tiles on a chocolate cardstock panel set on a pink base. To give more interest, I attached all the tiles with pop-up dots.

For the ballerina herself, I painted color on with Distress Inks with a water brush. I love the soft look this achieves and I have a ton of fun with shading and layering color.

I'll be entering this card into the following charming challenges:

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations - Pop It Up (every tile is popped up plus central image)

Ladybug Crafts - Pink and Girly

Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes

For my next card, I decided to finally use a Stampin Up set I got eons ago and never really put to good use. This Zebra was a perfect fit for "Things That Leap". Taking my cue from the Zebra, I kept the whole card Black and White.

Leaping Love
Stamps: Zebra (Stampin Up); Love You (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)

I'll be entering this card into these delightful dares:

Lexi's Creations - Monochromatic

Everybody Art Challenge - Monochromatic


Jump right into Leap Day!

14 comments:

  1. Two very different cards and am loving them both. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first card is breathtaking! Just gorgeous! The second is just really neat! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both beautiful and very creative cards very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such versatility in your styles Shar, love both cards.
    Hope all is well with you.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Shar, I love how the stamp ballerina squares look like a mosaic. A very beautiful card. Thanks for joining our Pink & Girly Challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one gorgeous card Shar. Love your ballerina!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous cards!They are so elegant!Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.Tinke DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards. Thanks for playing along at Lexis creations. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take with the ballerina leaping, would not have come up with that you clever girl!! Zebra card is wonderful too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card Shar. I love the soft pink on the image against the brown in the back round. Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving this card! the colors, technique (background) and images are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, thanks for playing in this weeks "pop it" challenge at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the image and the tiles behind it - really elegant! Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight...

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful Card !! Thank you for joining EAC this week.
    hugs
    Tina46

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...