Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rebel Challenge #8: Stamped Background

Today, a new Rebel Challenge posted at the RRD blog. This time, we are asking you to use a stamped background in your creation!

I've used one of the backgrounds I made last week and my Relish Reading plate to create this card. I love the great texture that was created by overlapping the various distress inks and background stamps.


Here's what the background looked like before I dressed it up. I started with the Sandy Beach Background, stamped in Wild Honey Distress ink. I then inked up my Almanac background from Relish Reading, stamping it in Spiced Marmalade Distress ink. Finally, I re-inked the Sandy Beach background with Tea Dye Distress ink, turning the Sandy Beach background 180 degrees before stamping it again.

Here's the finished card with all the trimmings.

Read and Dance
Stamps: sentiment and Almanac background from Relish Reading, Sandy Beach Background from Beach Babes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Collage image: unknown - got separated from the rest of the sheet
Other: music sheet and dictionary page
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Inks: Old Paper, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Tea Dye (Ranger Distress Ink); Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Technique: Back t0 Back (Technique Junkies)

Check out more samples for this challenge on the RRD blog! Hope you join in!

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Shar, love the background and your fabulous image.
    Have a good weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Love the background and the sentiment : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. super excellent! i like the many layers to your stamped background. i'll have to check out this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...