Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gingersnapping with Words of Wisdom

The GC Chestnut Theme Challenge for February is Words of Wisdom! I picked this proverb I love.

I have almost figured out my die-cut machine....yup, that hopeless! Anyway, I used this pretty scroll and really loved the look. The kids are colored with copic markers and I added some faux stitching around the edges as GC is focusing on faux techniques this month.

Garden Carried in the Pocket
Stamps: swingers and sentiment from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scrap from my basket
Cardstock: Handsome Hunter, Old Olive and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Handsome Hunter marker and ink (Stampin Up); Rich Cocoa (Memento); various copic markers
Other: Sizzix border die; circle cutter (Creative Memories)

To see more examples from the Rogue Crew, check out our post on Gingersnap Creations. To see all the awesome work from the Gingers, go to our Challenge post.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card! Love that image and you gave me an idea for this challenge! I need to pull out my set! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, this is so gorgeous. I really like how you have placed the image of the chldren on the other circle - it's fresh and differnet. Gorgeous rich colour scheme as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww... love this! I love to read! No wonder I don't care about gardening! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...