Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blossoming

The snow has not come yet to our corner of the world. We had an unseasonably early blizzard but that was it. While we are all waiting for the characteristic snow hammering more typical of the northeast, my flowers are limping back to life. I thought I would make a card to celebrate their undaunting spirit!

I took out my lovely Floriculture set from RRD and decided to use my cosmos blossom as my main image. I added the "je t'aime" sentiment and then distressed the edges. I had a background from my pre-stamped batch of layered backgrounds I made a few weeks ago. This one always reminded me of something earthy and natural so it was a great match.

I had started with the Sandy Beach Background from Beach Babes stamped with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. The next layer used the Almanac Background from Relish Reading in Crushed Olive. I completed the look with the Netted Background from the new Just Sayin' plate in Tea Dye Distress Ink.

Once I had chosen my focal image, I actually went back and added a bit more Tea Dye Distress ink and a bit of Wild Honey.

Je t'Aime
Stamps: cosmos blossom and sentiment from Floriculture plate, sandy beach background from Beach Babes, Netted background from Just Sayin' plate, and Almanac Background from Relish Reading (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: bit of rusty script paper from my scrap basket
Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)

This card is for the following fab challenges:

Rogue Redhead Designs: Use a Stamped Background Rebel Challenge

Annabelle Stamps Blog: Say It with...Background Stamps (I've used 3 in this card)

Crafty Purple Frog: Flower Power (cosmos blossom)

Dutch Dare Card Challenge: Distressing (edges of focal image and background are distressed)

Have a bloomin' fantastic day!

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful piece Shar, love the image you used.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love your coloring and all of your added touches. Thanks for playing with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card hun, thanks for sharing at Dutch dare, and good look in the challenge
    hugs sandra DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafty purple Frog challenges. Good luck, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layering really works - gorgeous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layered backgrounds, just stunning!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning!Thanks so much for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful. Love the colour coimbo, image and the distressing. Thanks for playing at Dutch dare Card Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an awesome vintagy card! Very pretty!

    Thank you for joining us over at The Crafty Purple Frog for our Flower Power Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning effect with all the backgrounds! Love the CAS design, thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love the layering. Thanks for playing Dutch Dare last week hope you join in on our sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...