Thursday, January 19, 2012

Simple and Serene

I went strictly out of my scrap basket for these two cards. The layout was inspired by a Sketch challenge on the Stampers Corner Yahoo group. I recently joined this fun and friendly group and I am sure glad I did. I love meeting new friends and running into people I already know in new places!

I went earth tones with the first. I've been yearning for flowers with the grayness of the winter. I turned to my Floriculture set and my copic markers.


I really love the delicate pattern on the background paper. Isn't it pretty?

Each Flower
Stamps: lily of the valley and sentiment from Floriculture (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scraps from my basket
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); G99, Y02, YR21, YR23, and YR24

I'll be entering this card into the Paper Crafting Journey - Floral challenge!

For my second card, I decided to go more water than earth. It's been wicked windy in our small burg so I've decided to pretend the sound of the whipping wind is more of a gentle ocean breeze...and that got me to thinking about sailboats sailing softly across serene seas.

I found this great plaid paper and while I know plaid does not go with sea, it did seem to fit here. I watercolored the image with some dye inks and a water brush...had to keep the water motif going :)

Sail Away
Stamps: sailboat and sentiment from Beach Babes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scraps from the basket
Cardstock: Almost Amethyst and Sage Shadow (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Bashful Blue, Almost Amethyst, Not Quite Navy, Really Rust and Close to Cocoa (Stampin Up)

I am going to enter this card into the 4 Crafty Chicks - Summer in January challenge as I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

Hope you are having a fabulous day filled with natural beauty and fair skies!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing our Summer Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. Both are beautiful. The heart with the sentiment stamped is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your floral cards! Your coloring is awesome- I love the lt green shading around your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shar, your really making me long for warmer weather here.Lovely cards. That background paper goes perfectly with your floral stamp!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great cards Shar - the lily of the valley is particularly lovely. Cant wait to see some coming up for real as it means Spring has arrived! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. And cards made from scraps = the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome sailing card! Thanks for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. both are just lovely. those rogue stamps really make wonderful cards. congrats on creating such wonderful stamps and beautiful cards. xo from michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. a pair of fantasic cards! Thanks for playing along at with the PCJ Challenge!

    Lisa xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...