Saturday, January 14, 2012

Roguishly Frosty

It's time for a brand-new Rebel Challenge on Rogue Redhead Designs. We are challenging you to get frosty and use some vellum on your creation!

Here's a couple of cards I created using the Beautifully Dunn range of stamps from RRD. I have this fantastic vellum that has random dots which made me think - SNOWFLAKES. The rest just fell into place. I used a technique called Vellum Sentiments from Technique Junkies.

This card has lots of lovely bright colors which I think captures the bright love between these two skaters.

and under the vellum:

Stamps: Skating couple and Skating Through Life sentiment from Snow Hugs plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I've also entered this card in these other fabulous challenges:

Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog - Let's Think Hot (I used hot colors)

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Let It Snow

Moving Along with the Times - Spots and/or Stripes (lots o' spots)

Once I had one done, I could not resist doing a second card with the same feel! Despite its cool colors, I think the warmth of this card shines through.

Under the vellum:

Stamps: Girl with Snowman from Candy Kisses plate and sentiment from Snow Hugs plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am entering this card into these other fun challenges too:

Dilly Beans - Frosty

Simply Create Too - Lots of Layers (there are 6 layers on this card)

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes with Blue

Here's a little look at the other samples I created for the Frosty Rebel Challenge.

Check them out on Rogue Redhead Designs and come play this fun Rebel Challenge!

16 comments:

  1. love the effect of the vellum over the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - the vellum is such a nice touch! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vellum with those vibrant hues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh a great take on this weeks theme at the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge with this lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week.
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A clever interpretation of the 'Let's think hot' theme. great fun cards. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea, both cards are fabulous. Great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've taken advantage of your alone time and come up with some great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card
    Thanks for joining us for our Anything goes with blue challenge at
    Secret crafter Saturday challenge

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Fabulous card. Love the image and the paper and colours are lovely.
    Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, love the vellum great idea!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm liking the vellum overlay! So glad you joined us at Dilly Beans this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's a really amazing technique! So well done
    beautiful cards

    thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, the vellum overlay idea is fab. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so much fun. I like the Vellum idea. Thanks so much for playing along with Dilly Beans this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week with our Spots and Stripes and good luck with the challenge. I'm sorry I'm not too well and this comment has been copied and pasted, but I wanted to make sure I visited every blog that entered.
    I some blogaversary candies on offer on my blog if your interested.
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...