Thursday, January 26, 2012

Orange is the new Black

So, I got the green out of my system only to become infatuated with orange. Sigh. I seem to be color compromised in 2012.

I am having some more fun with my Just Sayin' stamps today. The first card is paper pieced to give the little kits more interest. This cat reminds me of mine little furball - determined not to acknowledge that I exist.

I made this card nice and bright! From the depths of cooling green, I have heated up my color preference and gone all citrusy on this one! I am entering this one in the Hooked on Craft Challenges - Something Bright!

Three Little Kitties
Stamp: cat from Just Sayin' plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scraps from my basket
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Technique: paper piecing

For my second card, I wanted to do something bright but simple. I keep admiring all the cards with pennants so I decided to make one. Again, I used paper piecing for the flags to give them some pizzazz.

Happy Unbirthday
Stamps: pennant and sentiment from Just Sayin' plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scraps from the basket (think I am finally making a dent)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (Stampin Up); Jet Black (StazOn)
Technique: paper piecing

Hope your day was light and bright!

4 comments:

  1. i love the cats, both cards are just great. by the way there is a book called "orange is the new black" which is a woman's story about being in federal prison! it is a very good book. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny- we have a dog- cats make me sneeze...but I do hear they do ignore you...LOL After pink and blue, orange/coral and green seem to be my go-to colors...... Great cards- I love the colorful banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great cards. I love the color choice. Since I am a cat person my preference leans towards the first card, but then again, today is my un-birthday, so it's a toss-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect for our 'Something Bright' challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Hooked on Craft. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...