Thursday, January 19, 2012

A is for Animal and Architecture

On Saturday, I mentioned that I was starting my personal campaign to use all my stamps more consistently. I started with my first pizza box full of wood-mounted stamps. With my pizza boxes, I store everything by theme as the stamps are (mostly) marked with name and manufacturer. My "A" box is for Animals and Architecture/Home stamps.

I've been meaning to use this stamp for a dog's age. Of course, I say that with most of my acquisitions. I was never quite sure what I would do with the image (which I loved) and then I finally I got an idea. I would just let the style of the stamp guide me and I came up with this design.

I colored the image with a vintage feel keeping most of the image in a sepia color palette and just pulling out a few details. I paper pieced both the dog and the ball, stamping them first on white cardstock before affixing them to the card.

Home Is
Stamps: Dog on Porch (Rubber Tree Rubber Stamps); Home Is (Verses)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Copics: R24, R27, R29, RV11, RV13, YR21, YR23, YR24

The beautiful sentiment reads "Home is where your story begins" and I thought it went perfectly with the pup.

Off to see what else is in that box!

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Where did you get the pizza boxes to store your stamps? At a pizza store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How cute is this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar I just love this and what a fun idea. I have wanted to do an A - Z something for a while. You have just jogged my memory. The composition is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahwwww! Too cute. Love how you colored that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...