Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Wowzers! How did it ever get to be 2012? It seems like just yesterday, we were waiting for Y2K. Of course, the more things change, the more they stay the same...this year we are waiting for that whole Mayan calendar coming to an end thing...sigh. Y2K worked out so I am trying not to worry :)

Instead of making resolutions this year, I'm just going to cut to the chase and make some actual changes. This year, I am making it a priority to break out all my stamps...yup, all 26 pizza boxes full and 17 binders worth. I am also going to use up all those collage images, designer papers and bits and pieces I've been holding on to for far too long.

My work hours outside my craft room have definitely increased in the last 12 months but I miss getting all inky, so time to rearrange the schedule again...starting today! There should always be time to play!

Here's a couple of cards, I've made to celebrate the new year! I bought a whole sheet of vintage New Year's images from Alpha Stamps a few years ago and haven't had the heart to cut into them but they are much better used than hoarded so today I did it! I kept the card simple to keep focus on these precious two.

I added a little lace, stained with distress ink, and some pale tan ribbon for a little glitz.

Collage image: Alpha Stamps.

I will be entering this one into the following challenge:

Come and Get It Challenges - Happy New Year

This one is using one of extra cool Stampotique stamps - Angel Boy. As I have pledged to use scraps all through January in keeping with Gingersnap Creations' Get Organized month, I thought he would look great on this background I made absolutely ages ago. I paper pieced his wings with a pretty little piece of flowered paper. Worked out great.

Stamps: Angel Boy (Stampotique); numbers (Ma Vinci's Reliquary)

For this one, I think these challenges would work nicely:

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - New Year

Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes

To finish off, I pulled out this stamp I got a few months ago and some of my old sentiment and alphabet stamps. After I colored her with copic markers, I set her on a field of stars - another awesome scrap from the basket.

Stamps: girl with stars (Gorjuss); words (Impression Obsession); numbers (The Paper Store)

I'll be entering this one into these challenges:

Gingersnap Creations - Starry Night

Sarah Hurley Challenge - Colouring

Cute Card Thursday - Happy New Year

Totally Gorjuss - Something Happy

Come and Get It Challenges - Happy New Year

Wishing you all a spectacular start to a brand-new year!

20 comments:

  1. Nice work Shar! Happy New Year! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shar, these are beautiful. Great idea to actually USE your stamps/supplies instead of hoarding them. I should do that too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three, but the first one is my favorite!
    Of course, the little redhead caught my eye right away! All those bright colors on that adorable image look great on the simple background. Glad you had some ME time in your stamp room, great way to start the NEW YEAR!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous New Year's cards!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week, hope to see you lots more in 2012!
    Happy New Year, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are ALL great cards! ( You can enter our Challenge for 2 shots at the prize, so be sure to add another) Thanks so much for playing with us at Come and Get It this week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I couldn't agree more; lets make time to play:)

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday.

    Hugs and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, Shar. The angelboy is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are great, I think my favorite is the vintage one, I kind of like the vintage style, so there ya go. I like the girl one too. but great job and you can enter one of the other cards for a second chance at the 7 free digis, just make the picture a different card. Thanks for playing along at Come and Get It. Happy New Year to you and good luck using up some of the stash and using all them stamps.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your changes are very encouraging and inspirational! You are absolutely correct, there should ALWAYS be time to play! :D
    Thank you so much for your entry into our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. The angel boy and those exquisite wings are fabulous!!
    Seriously though, 26 pizza boxes?? LOL You do have your work cut out for you, but OH how fun!!
    Hugs and Happy New Year,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you too. Love all 3 cards, but that paper piecing on the Angel boy is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are stunning cards, Shar!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Shar, looks like you had a great crafting day. 3 New Years carda! Way to go!!!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely new year cards! and thanks for the inspiration to "get organized" and use up the goodies. i'm with you on that! take good care and a very happy new yar to you. xo from michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card and thanks for playing along with us at CRAFT this week hope to see you next week and good luck.Happy New Year.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year to you as well! Your cards are absolutely lovely, what a start to the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card for our challenge at CRAFT, thanks for sharing with us, Best wishes for 2012 x carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining us at CCT
    Hugs
    michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love the image you used. I love Vintage... Thank you for taking part in this week's Come and Get It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...