Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Going Rogue with Stampotique

Gingersnap Creations just released their latest Random Redhead Challenge and it's "Use Your Favorite Paper". Stampotique is the sponsor this month so I headed to my stash of their stamps first and picked out "Head" from the pile.

Now, my favorite paper is Eggplant Moroccan Floral from Daisy D's which is sadly gone now. I bought up a bunch of this stuff before they closed up shop.

The pattern on Head's shirt made me think about another piece of paper that I love but couldn't figure out what to do with it. This seemed like a good project.

So now I have purple and green paper...so I thought Mardi Gras. I added the jester hat from the soon-to-be-released Carnival Dreams mini from RRD and the Mardi Gras sentiment and it was all set!


Mardi Gras
Stamps: Head (Stampotique); crown and sentiment from Carnival Dreams (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Eggplant Moroccan Floral (Daisy D's); Casual Plaid Willow from Watercolor Collection (Making Memories)
Cardstock: Garden Green, Basic Black and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E00, E02, E11, G14, G16. G17, V04, V06, Y13, Y15 and Y19

To get in on this fab challenge, check out Gingersnap Creations and all the great samples from the Gingers!

This card is also entered into the following challenges:

Paperminutes - Anything Goes

The Pink Elephant - Favorite Colors

To check out more images from Carnival Dreams, go to Rogue Redhead Designs on January 25th and find out more about RRD's new releases.

8 comments:

  1. Love this card, Shar! Great what you did with 'Head'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely ADORABLE! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh....ohhhhhh...yes love that burgandyish purpleish goodness! lol Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, Shar - love the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very funny
    Thx for playing pm.

    Heike xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such rich paper... it's perfect for your Mardi Gras card. I didn't know DD had gone OOB. That's too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. King Head! Adore the piece and all the colors and patterns you have used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...