Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gingersnap Creations Goes Rogue

Yup, it's true! Rogue Redhead Designs is going to sponsor Gingersnap Creations all through the cool month of February! GC's theme is "Telling It Like It Is" and it will be focusing on faux techniques. Sounds like amazing fun, doesn't it?

Well, my fun lady from the Just Sayin' plate thinks so even if she doesn't look like it! She's stating her current mood du jour on this card. We've all had those days where it seems that nothing we try is going to work out no matter what.

To create this card, I've used Carole Burrage's Faux Torn Mosaic technique which I learned on the fabulous Splitcoast Stampers site. It was really fun although lots of inking. I went with more pink ink for the edges instead of nice browns - must be the rogue in me. I think it turned out fab!

Can't Win in Pink
Stamps: sentiment and Umbrella Woman from the Just Sayin' plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scrap from my basket - Anna Griffin I think?
Cardstock: Rose Red, Basic Black and Whisper White
Ink: Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet (Ranger Distress Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento); Jet Black (StazOn); variety of copic markers
Techniques: Faux Torn Mosaic (Splitcoast Stampers); paper piecing
Other: foam brush, sponge daubers and ModPodge

I am entering this card into the following awesome challenge:

Charisma Cardz Challenges - Pretty in Pink

I think this card is pink enough :)

Hope you are not having the kind of day my card suggests.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...