Sunday, January 15, 2012

CAS Green Horn with a Sneak Peek

In the midst of this season of greys, whites and more greys, I keep craving green. It wasn't until I put my makes from the weekend in a big pile did I notice that I had used quite a bit of green! Maybe it's because no matter how often I try out CAS cards, I always feel like a beginner.


As usual with CAS cards, my go-to spot are the challenge blogs with sketches. My first card today comes from the Freshly Made Sketch below.

I thought I would ink up my soon-to-be-released Just Sayin' stamps from RRD. I am already in love with this quirky set which will be available on the Rogue Redhead Designs website on January 25th.

This woman just cracks me up!

What?
Stamps: woman and sentiment from soon-to-be-released Just Sayin' plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Old Olive patterned paper (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Old Olive and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Copics: E00, E02, E09, E11, YG95, YG97, and YR23
Technique: paper piecing

I am also entering this card in the following awesome challenges:

Moving Along with the Times - Spots or Stripes (this time I did both)

Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges - Spots and Stripes

When I made my next card, I didn't even realize until halfway through trying out this great sketch from Skipping Stones that I had gone all green again!

Here's the sketch I was working with:


And what I did with it:

Did Ya Hear?
Stamps: man and sentiment from soon-to-be-released Just Sayin' plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss patterned paper (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Always Artichoke and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Copics: C0, E00, E02, E09, E11, E15, E19, E41, E34, E35, E37, YG91, YG95, and YG97
Embellishment: green ribbon

I am also entering this card in these fabulous challenges:

Simply Create Too - Layers, Layers, Layers (4 layers if you don't count the ribbon)

Aud Sentiments Challenge - Any Sentiment but Must Use Scraps (all the paper was from my scrap basket)

Well, green is an excellent color for relaxing so that's what I am off to do next! Have an excellent day!

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love how you've used the stamps Shar, these are two fabby quirky cards, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh another couple of great cards, thanks for sharing and playing again on MAWTT, HAzelxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright green! These "old folks" are great~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards, these images are wonderfully unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just great! Loving the green! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited that you joined in over at Skipping Stones Design this week! Both cards are SO cute and making me want to go play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute! Beautiful job coloring! Thanks for joining us in this weeks Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great images! I love the coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!!! Love the old lady's expression!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun cards! Thanks for playing along with the Skipping Stones Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, the images are such fun, loving the green, thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made a lovely card here. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful card - love the spots and stripes . Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week with our Spots and Stripes and good luck with the challenge. I'm sorry I'm not too well and this comment has been copied and pasted, but I wanted to make sure I visited every blog that entered.
    I some blogaversary candies on offer on my blog if your interested.
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...