Saturday, January 28, 2012

Aged Background for a Vintage Lad

Can you go simple with vintage? Absolutely! Well, if you go Rogue, you can! I have found this look very effective over the years and love how this simple distressed background goes from light to darker edges. The card below and the others in the set were made all with 5 distress inks, one shade of Memento ink and a lot of white cardstock!

I also love how the focal image pops out of all that distress ink! It gives a bit of flair without being flashy.

The card below contains one of my oft-used expressions - Can't Win for Losin'. I was surprised to find this phrase actually has an entry in the Urban Dictionary. It seems to capture a certain mood and I just had to make it in rubber so I included it in my newest stamp plate - Just Sayin'. There are some perks to making your own stamps :)

Just sayin' is also in the Urban Dictionary...just sayin'

If you want to see how I made this card and got this effect or just check out the other cards in this set, surf on over to my tutorial on the RRD blog.

6 comments:

  1. Love the aged background - it looks awesome. And your blog's new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to create a background.
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv this card. You're right, the background brings the image to the forefront and you don't need anything else. Everytime I see these characters I have to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really can't go wrong with that background, Fun card Shar!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love these new stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...