Sunday, December 4, 2011

Unconventional Christmas

Every year it becomes all too apparent that I am not great at making traditional Christmas cards. This year is no exception.

I fell in love with these double-sided Figgy Pudding papers from BasicGrey with their soft teals, vintage olives and fun designs.

I used an image from my RRD Milliner Misses set and a sentiment from RRD's Candy Kisses. I kept it simple and let both the papers and the image shine through without lots of embellishment. Just to add a little something, I sponged around the edges with Tea Dye Ranger Distress ink and added two small pieces of doily to jazz up the corners of the main image.

Stylish Season's Greetings
Stamps: hat trio from Milliner Misses and sentiment from Candy Kisses (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Figgy Pudding line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Embellishments: pieces of paper doily

Both the plates I used today are on sale together now in the Winter 2011 Bundle! To find out more and see the other bundles available during our 1st Anniversary Sale, go to the RRD Specials Page on our new website! To see more combo cards, check out the RRD blog!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card, Shar. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar
    I would have this over a traditional card any day of the week.
    Great choice of papers and those images .... stunning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...