Friday, December 2, 2011

My First Beaded Card

I am embellishment-challenged as everyone knows, but I had a ton of fun playing with my new microbeads from Pennywise Arts. December on Gingersnap Creations is dedicated to "Holiday Lights" so I had to break out one of my oldest go-to stamps for Christmas - my candle trio.

I colored the candles with copic markers. I used Glossy Accents to put sticky stuff over the candles and dotted the holly berry bits and then added my microbeads. Voila, instant extra pizzazz!

Holiday Fire
Stamp: Candle Trio (Rubber Stampede)
Paper: Samara (Daisy D's)
Cardstock: Real Red, More Mustard and Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Mement0); various copics
Embellishments: Red Opaque Microbeads (Pennywise Arts)

I need a little more practice but I think it was a pretty good attempt for my first ever beaded card!

Hope you come over for some Holiday Light festive fun!

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of the almost-original "beaders" at PWA ....I have every color Suzanne used to carry, still. My favorite over the years has been the "sugar beads," the mini clear ones. Guess I should get them out again. Love your candles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous Shar and give the candles real dimension.
    Happy Saturday and enjoy the weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effect Shar. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...