Saturday, December 10, 2011

Getting Griddy with RRD

I'm WAY behind on my Christmas cards this year! Next year, I am playing all the Jingle Belles challenges so that I am set by Thanksgiving. To get some more cards underway, I decided to do a Christmas card for my main Rebel Challenge sample for our latest challenge - Get Griddy!

I took one of the loving couples from my RRD Snow Hugs set and a scrap of Christmas paper from at least 3 years ago. I love this paper which is why it keeps showing up. I think I bought 4 sheets :0)

I used the two main greens - a bright green from the background and a darker green from the trees - to color in my couple. I love repetition in my compositions so I made 2 the same and reversed the colors on one couple.

Voila! My grid was complete. I also used two half circles for my sentiment, also from Snow Hugs, to jazz it up a little bit.

Here's the final result:

Snow Hugs Grid
Stamps: snow couple and sentiment from Snow Hugs plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scrap from my bottomless basket
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke and Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); various copic markers
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories)

I've also entered this card into following challenges:

Stamping for the Weekend - Christmas

Moving Along with the Times - Last Minute Christmas

Crafty Creations Challenges - Card with a Sentiment

To see my other griddy and totally less Christmasy creations, check out the RRD Challenge this month!

Loving this set? Get a bargain and go to Rogue Redhead Designs to purchase it individually or in a bundle with our Candy Kisses plate during our 1st Anniversary Sale! Want to put it on your holiday list - get our Dear Santa Wish List.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours and paper! Love the layout and the way you've replicated the image - Really fab design!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love the layout!

    Thanks for joinung us at the Crafty Creations Challenge!
    kaos

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card! love the repetition! Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Creations Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card! I love how you get griddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout and love your colours. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love green and this is just gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and hope to see you again soon
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...