Monday, December 5, 2011

Am I Getting Rusty?

I broke out some of my Really Rust Stampin' Up cardstock for a couple of challenges. I've been hoarding it because it is discontinued but I've decided to be almost an adult about it...I'll use a few pieces here and there. Sigh.

I still had my Relish Reading set out so I turned to them for the two challenges I made for today. My first inspiration was the fabulous sketch on Card Patterns.

Gingersnap Creations' Spicy Supply Challenge is Raffia right now, so I knew what I was going to use for fiber! Here's my take on the sketch:

Day Dreamer
Stamps: girl and sentiment from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Et cetera paper line (Bo Bunny)
Cardstock: Real Rust and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Brown (Memento)
Embellishment: Raffia
Tools: Oval cutter (Creative Memories)

For my second card, I applied the K.I.S.S. principle and went to Clean and Simple Stamping for some inspiration. No, my card is not white but it's still clean and simple!

Here's my vintage take on this sketch:

Miss You Lad
Stamps: boy and sentiment (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scrap of Prima paper; Et cetera collection (Bo Bunny)
Cardstock: Really Rust and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); various copic markers; Tye Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories)

May your Monday be magnificent!

5 comments:

  1. both are such great cards! Love the design! One of my favorite colors along with Close to Cocoa! Not sure why they eliminated some of the colors they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! Love those stamps and the colors you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your creations today. I understand hording paper...LOL. Thanks for playing at Gingersnap Creations. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh lovin all the vintage cards I'm seeing here! Love your fabulous take on the CP Sketch. Those raffia added such great element on your card & love that image too!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I hoard, I find myself moving onto other favorites and then suddenly can't remember why I have so much of something ... I say use it and move on ... awesome use of raffia ... so glad you joined us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...