Sunday, November 6, 2011

Snow Hugs

So nice to be back stamping! For this card, I watercolored this image from the RRD Candy Kisses plate using Stampin' Up ink and an aquabrush. I generally follow the lines fairly loosely to really give that watercolor feel. To see more of my watercolored cards, check out my Simple Set Saturday post on the RRD blog.

I got the idea for using a snowman from a new-to-me challenge blog called Bah Humbug which has Snowmen as their challenge for this week.

I like using warm colors for winter projects. I think it makes it extra fun! I was so pleased to see that the Less is More Challenge blog had Red and Orange as their inspiration. I've already used these colors with another snowman I made last year - check here.

This year, I turned to my brand-new Candy Kisses plate for the sweet image and its companion plate, Snow Hugs, for the sentiment.

Snow Hugs
Stamps: girl hugging snowman from Candy Kisses and sentiment from Snow Hugs (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Real Rust, Blush Blossom, and More Mustard (Stampin Up)
Tools: aquabrush, corner rounder
Technique: watercoloring

Keep warm and snug today! Hopefully, you've cuddled up with some great stamps! Don't forget to check out the HUGE ANNIVERSARY SALE at Rogue Redhead Designs with bundle bargains and great discounts on all our individual plates. Everything is on sale in honor of our 1st Anniversary until December 30, 2011!

13 comments:

  1. Another cute card Sharon, it's a sweet image!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colouring on this adorable card XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shar, LOVE the image. I collect snowman stamps, have dozens, and love each one. This is so special with the little girl hugging him. Love your watercolor and those warm colors.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simple cards you have been posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply fabulous and looks great in the red and orange colour scheme

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card indeed. The colours look great. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful image and a great winter card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card - great colour combo. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your card. Your watercolouring is great. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute image and lovely watercolouring.

    Colleen
    Guest Designer
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the image and great use of the colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...