Sunday, November 27, 2011

Simply Challenged

Today, I wanted to do two things - not make Christmas cards and keep it simple simple simple.

I turned to a few of my fav challenge blogs for inspiration.

The first card is so NOT Christmas unless you are lucky enough to have Christmas on the beach.

I used my 3 favorite shades of distress ink - Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo - for the images and a bit of sponged edges. A little color was provided by colored pencils.

I used the Sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping for the layout.

Craft Your Days Away has a Buttons or Bows Challenge going on and Moving Along with the Times has a Ribbons and Bows Challenge. I went with the bow on this one. Here's the result:

Stamps: beach duo and sentiment from Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)

For the next one, I turned to another great Sketch Challenge blog - The Sweet Stop. Here's the sketch:

I kept it VERY simple on this one. I took my color scheme from Crazy Amigos Purple on Purple Challenge. I used some of my favorite (and now irreplaceable) Daisy D's paper for the main panel. I just love its rich purple pattern!

Stamp: Love You from Snow Hugs plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I double stamped the sentiment, once with light ink, and once with a darker shade to add a shadow effect.

Hope you've had some time to play this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card

    Thanks for joining us at CYDA for our button or bow challenge

    hope you will join us again soon, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fab cards - love the ribbon bow on the first one.
    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards, love the colours & the vintage feel of the first is perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Shar. The images are so pretty. The paper is gorgeous on the second one, and I love the shadowy greeting. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...