Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cupcakes and Candy Kisses

The new challenge at Jingle Belles to create a card featuring your favorite holiday foods, drinks or candies inspired my card today!

Since the challenge is named Candy Kisses, I went straight to my RRD Candy Kisses plate! I love the cute cupcakes on this whimsical plate, especially the little cherries. Thinking about Christmas, I was also thinking about holly berries and thus an idea was born...a cupcake wreath!

I experimented on a scrap piece of paper to see exactly how many impressions of the cupcakes I would need to complete a circle. It worked nicely with six, which I colored with copic markers. I used a circle cutter to cut around the edge and make the red mat. I folded a 12" x 6" piece of green cardstock in half and used the circle cutter again, letting it overlap the fold slightly when making the base.

Stamps: cupcakes and sentiments from Candy Kisses plate (Rogue Redhead Designs).

I am also submitting this card for the:

Simply Create Too - All About Christmas Challenge

Hope you are having an excellent Saturday! I see some more stamping in my future today!

3 comments:

  1. I just love that yummy little wreath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy creation! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great effect with the cupcakes- darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...