Sunday, November 27, 2011

Couldn't Not Do Christmas

I started today with the vow to make no more Christmas cards but alas I just could not resist!

I started out slow with a snowman card! The layout is from the fab CAS-ual Fridays blog with the sketch:

I was also inspired by the Less is More - A Bit of Bling Challenge. You can't see how they sparkle with this pic but there are 4 lovely green rhinestone-esque bits o' bling on this card.

Stamp: sentiment from Snow Hugs plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)

For the next card, I got out the Christmas paper. I got my layout from Freshly Made Sketches, although I did mess with it a wee bit.

My color choice was inspired by the City Crafter Challenge - Pink Christmas.

I used several different copic markers all in the coral/salmon color range to various degrees.

Stamps: couple from Snow Hugs and sentiment from Candy Kisses (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I will also be entering this card in Simply Create Too's All About Christmas Challenge.

Okay, maybe I do still need some more Christmas cards.....hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend full of love, laughter and leftovers!

23 comments:

  1. A pair of lovely Christmas cards Shar. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining us at LIM with this sweetie of a Christmas card.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know ... I made more holiday cards this weekend too ... the good news is that two have already gone in the mail as RAKs ... love those snowman hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fab cards, love the snowmen on the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a classy, pink holiday card! Very very pretty...and I made the same vow today! No more Christmas cards...at least for the next day or two! lol Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink and red together for the holidays! Very pretty card! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards really cute, but that pink one is smashing and I'm not even a Pink Christmas nut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card ... I love these non-traditionaly Christmas colours ... great job!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely nontraditional card with the pinks and reds! The image is just sweet as well. Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a pink and blue Christmas themed card! Fun snowman CAS card too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shar, two really cute cards. Love anything with snowmen, so caught my eye right away. The couple in shades of pink is wonderful. Turkey is pretty much a dirty word by now, kinda tired of it at our house.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pink card, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fab cards. Very classy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both your cards but I think the pink is my favourite as it still looks Christmassy yet the colours are so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely lovely pink Christmas card ... thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors and the stamp image. Very well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such adorable cards.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Two fabulous cards here! Love the first in its simplicity! Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays! I hope you'll be able to use the sketch again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards, Sharon! I can't believe you're vowing to stop making Christmas cards (I haven't started!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...