Monday, November 7, 2011

Booking Time with My Stamps

While I was watercoloring the other day, I painted one of my favorite images from the Relish Reading plate. I love this girl as she looks like she has some fire in her soul and doesn't take any guff from anyone. Hmmmm.....wonder who she reminds me of? Anyway....

I got this great sketch from Stamping for the Weekend and I was inspired by the Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge #CC347 - Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy and More Mustard.

Here's what I did with the sketch and the colors:

Cozy Chair
Stamps: girl and sentiment from Relish Reading (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Naughty from the Jovial line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: More Mustard, Always Artichoke, and Bravo Burgundy (Stampin' Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Always Artichoke, Old Olive, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Blush Blossom (Stampin' Up)
Embellishments: 2 artichoke brads; mustard ribbon
Tools: border punch (Martha Stewart)
Techniques: Out of the Box (Technique Junkies); watercoloring

It's getting a little cool outside so it's a great time to curl up with a good book or get out your stamps and ink them up! Have a great day!

Don't forget to check out the HUGE ANNIVERSARY SALE at Rogue Redhead Designs with bundle bargains and great discounts on all our individual plates. Everything is on sale in honor of our 1st Anniversary until December 30, 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Great spin on that sketch, Shar. The little ribbon/brad connection is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning great coloours. Fab take on the sketch thanks for playing at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...