Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sweet Swingers Book Plate

I just had to try out the Antique Book Plates tutorial from the new Technique Junkie Newsletter!

Relish Reading seemed the perfect choice for a technique rooted in books!

Of course, I had to go Rogue and not completely follow instructions. What else is new? So, I double matted my ATC sized bookplate and mounted it on a card. I seem to do that a lot with my ATCs lately....hmmm.

Sweet Swingers
Stamps: swingers, book and Almanac page background from the Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
Paper: scrap from my overflowing basket
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Blush Blossom (Stampin' Up); Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger); Marvy brush marker
Tools: aquabrush
Technique: Antique Book Plates (Technique Junkies)

To see the other book plate and to get a "sneak peak" at one of the new images due out next month at Rogue Redhead Designs, check out my recent post on the RRD blog!

7 comments:

  1. What a great creation Shar!! I love the image - I love books (the real ones - not the "e"books!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Shar. I love that stamp and the look you have created,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card... I love the ATC matted that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute, Shar! And it makes a darling ATC-mounted-in-a-larger-frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, love the way you matted the ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shar! Please email me? suzanne@pennywisearts.com I know that we signed up for a sponsorship on GS but I've misplaced all the details and I don't want to miss any deadlines! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...