Saturday, October 8, 2011

RC004: Tag Lines

Once a month, Rogue Redhead Designs dares you to participate in their Rebel Challenge! For this challenge, running from today until November 6th, RRD is asking you to pair a fabulous quote with a tag!

You can go a number of ways with this challenge. Tags not being my forte, I started with straight stamping!

I started by sponging Antique Linen Distress ink all over my tag. Then, I stamped one of the borders from Beach Babes about 1/3 down my ginormous shipping tag. I masked the bottom third up to the top edge of the border and over-stamped the Sandy Beach background onto the top two-thirds of the tag with Tea Dye Distress Ink.

I selected the crab, starfish and shell and stamped those in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I added a little caramel color to each image with a colored pencil. Finally, I stamped my quote, also from Beach Babes, onto the bottom third of the tag, added some ribbon and voila!

My quote is from a poem and reads "Little drops of water, / Little grains of sand, / Make the mighty ocean / And the pleasant land." It's also from Beach Babes.

Little Drops of Water
Stamps: border, starfish, crab, shell, background, and quote from Beach Babes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Ink: Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks (Ranger)
Other: shipping tag, brass eyelet and brown ribbon

Why not come over to RRD and play along?

You don't have to use RRD stamps but if you play along, you may just win some! There's a $15.00 US Voucher up for grabs for one randomly drawn winner.

You can get in on Rebel Challenge #3 - Think Outside the ATC too! It closes on October 9th!

2 comments:

  1. Love the background and the stamps Shar.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...