Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ravin' About Tags

I got a couple of minutes to stamp and I had a ton of fun! While many of you know I am tag-challenged, I did try and make a simple one using some Distress Inks.

I started with a standard boring ole manilla shipping tag. Onto this I sponged my fav Distress Ink combo - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold and a little Mustard Seed. Almost good enough to each ...well, except for the whole straw and flowers part.

After I got that going I pulled out my two Oxford Impressions Halloween plates - Trick or Treat and Wicked - and started playing!

Gingersnap Creations is having a Raven Challenge so I started with a raven image.

I figured I had to add some landscape so I added the tree and moon. Hmmm....upper right corner was a little bare so, being from New England (land o' Salem), I added a lovely witch and her companion bat.

Wicked Ways
Stamps: various from Trick or Treat and Wicked plates (Oxford Impressions)
Ink: Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade (Ranger Distress Ink); black archival ink
Other: mustard thin ribbon and white organza ribbon

I have also entered this tag into the following challenge:

Sentimental Sundays - Halloween (with a sentiment) * You can see my "Wicked" on the tag

Well, off to finish up my HUGE project for Rogue Redhead! You'll all get to find out what I am talking about next week! I am SOOO excited! It's our 1st Anniversary so we obviously have to party!

19 comments:

  1. Scrumptious colours and a great Halloween scene Shar.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tag!!! Love the images and great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the rich color and awesome images in this tag! spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that must be the most glamourous witch I have ever seen. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A terrific tag, the background colour is so rich and just perfect for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shar, I absolutely LOVE this tag! It is just so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see your in the spirit of things Shar!'Darling tag!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great, glad you found time for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't see any evidence of being "tag-challenged" here! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant tag, love the colours you've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag - I your choice of yellow, it's a nice change for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the simplicity of this! ONE COLOR...BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tag, Shar--love the colors! That witchy stamp is a wee bit saucy there . . .

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mix of colors for a perfect background for those black spooky images........LOVE IT.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mix of colors for a perfect background for those black spooky images........LOVE IT.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tag, Shar! That made me laugh as I am tag-challenged too! Looking forward to seeing what you are creating for RRD,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...