Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shining a Light on Spotlighting

This month on Gingersnap Creations, we are going to be celebrating International Women's Friendship Month and shining a spotlight on spotlighting techniques. I adore spotlighting so this month is going to be fabulous!

Here's my first spotlighting card. I got this delightful image from this month's GC sponsor, Viva Las Vegastamps. Aren't these girls adorable?

I started by using a simple circle punch to create a mask and picking the portion of the image that I was going to spotlight.

From there, I drew a soft line with pencil to delineate where I should color and colored in that portion with bright fun colors pulled from my designer papers. http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif The rest of the image I used shades of yellows, also to tie in with my designer paper. At the end, I erased the pencil with my artist eraser and all was right with the world.

Pretty Little Ladies
Stamp: Two Little Girls (Viva Las Vegastamps)
Paper: Timeless (Imaginisce) and Holiday Argyle and Home for the Holidays (Deja Views)
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E00. E02, E07, E09, E11, E35, R32, RV17, RV19, V04, V06, Y13, Y21, Y23, Y26, YG05, and YG07
Tools: circle punch and circle cutter (Creative Memories)

Hope you will have time to come join in all the fun this month!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic, how you've taken the spotlight technique, I didn't saw this before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar
    I haven't seen this technique used in a long time so it was lovely to see it in use again.
    An adorable stamp it is but it is how you used it that makes it so special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great spotlight technique and works so well on the choice of stamp you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really effective Shar - I haven't done any spotlighting for ages!! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...