Monday, September 12, 2011

Playing with Trisha's Stuff

My friend and fellow Ginger, Trisha, had a brilliant idea for a creative collaboration. She sent out 10 packets of "her stuff" to 10 different artists to see what they would make with it. Such fun!

I decided to make a canvas, which I painted with Lumiere paints. I added a stamped tissue paper overlay...which ever so slightly distorted...bah. Anyway, I centered my piece around this quote - "Here's to good women. May we know them, may we be them , may we raise them!". I centered all my stamped images and collaged images around this theme.

In my "envie" as Trish put it, I got 2 collage images - a girl and a flower, 3 plastic stars, 3 tickets, a text page with french exercises, a bit of shiny paper, a delightful piece of designer paper, a piece of black lace and some bling. I tried to use everything and succeeded except for the bling.

Here's some phrases from the text page, the designer paper, lace, star now covered with the shiny bits and a ticket:

More designer paper, lace, and more phrases from the text page:

Here's the two collage pieces, flower and girl:


The total piece below:

It was a ton of fun to play with someone else's stash! A real kick in the butt to creativity! Thanks for letting me play Trisha! It was a blast! Check out Trisha's blog, Easily Amused, Hard to Offend to see what other people made with her stuff.

10 comments:

  1. Hey, Shar, thank you again for playing along--your canvas turned out fabulous! Here's a direct link to the challenge:

    http://easilyamusedhardtooffend.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-would-you-make-with-my-stuff.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomely gorgeous! wow, fabulous canvas. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think I have ever done a canvas- gorgeous- another thing to add to my Bucket List for stamping! Love everyhing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your piece, it's gorgeous and your sentiment is awesome too. This was so much fun making it and now looking at what everyone else made with Trisha's stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you packed a lot into the use of the fab "stuff" you got! Love what you did.......what fun!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your canvas looks awesome - I'm amazed at how many challenge items you were able to include!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation using Trisha's stuff! Love this canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shar what a fabulous collage you created with Trisha's stash, It sounds like a great challenge!!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your canvas looks like you had a lot of fun playing - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Shar... I love what you did with Trisha's stuff! I loved playing along too. Your take on it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...