Monday, September 5, 2011

Keeping It As Simple As Possible

It's been a zany Summer so when I was looking for challenges to play, I wanted to keep as simple as possible. No mess - no stress.

I found a few that worked with my current "mood-us" operandi. When I cook, I love 5 ingredient or less meals, so 3 colors or less suited me just fine today. I started off with the Black, White and Splash of Red color scheme from the Playdate Cafe. Then, I married it to the most recent sketch on the ever delightful Clean and Simple Stamping Sketch Challenges.

Here's what I came up with:

Let Us Read
Stamps: sentiment and swinging children from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Heavenly White and Rosso Incandescent (PaperTemptress)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Other: black 5/8" Splitz ribbon (PaperTemptress)
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories)

Further along in my quest for simple, I also spied a challenge from C.R.A.F.T. Challenges for another wicked simple sketch. It had a circle...I had the cutter already out. I did with their fab inspiration:

Playing on the Beach
Stamps: boy and girl, birds and sentiment from Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Brown, Pink and Green Polka Dots (K&C)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Tools: Circle cutter (Creative Memories)

So if you are going around in circles, why not just put those circles on your cards and go simple!

13 comments:

  1. Love these images and the CAS cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but soooooo... beautiful, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clean, luve the color combo, YET, Very Pretty, shar!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SImple but sweet! Love those images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super images and fab cards, thanks for joining in at CRAFT this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards and I love those little stamped images you have used again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards- you do CAS beautifully! Love the images too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet, vintage images! Love the mostly neutral color schemes in your card, but with that splash of color...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards--love the hint of red on the first one! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! I'm partial to the black, white and red one as that is pretty much my staple wardrobe colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...