Sunday, September 18, 2011

Keeping Color Simple

I had some time to play some challenges today and I had a lot of inspiration from which to work.

My first card incorporates a few different challenges. The layout is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #111 although I did modify it a wee bit. The color was inspired by the Monochromatic Challenge at Dutch Dare (DDCC130). The style was influenced by the Pink Elephant Challenge TPE116 - Vintage Theme. My little lad is definitely vintage!

Stamps: boy from Beach Babes and sentiment from Bits and Pieces (Rogue Redhead Designs)

The next card brought together some more challenges. This card uses the Clean and Simple Stamping Sketch #158. The colors come from the Stamping for the Weekend Tickled Pink Challenge. I added a couple hearts for the City Crafters "I Heart You" Challenge.

Stamps: linked hearts, hugs and kisses and Love You from Snow Hugs (Rogue Redhead Designs)

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I am looking forward to more stamping time soon!

12 comments:

  1. Two more great cards! The sketch challenges worked great for your images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little heart on your card for the tickled pink challenge at SFTW.
    thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little heart on your card for the tickled pink challenge at SFTW.
    thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I really love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely ... thank so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what great creations! I love the images and how you used our theme at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, Shar--so sweet, both of them!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours and stamps you've used here are fab! Thanks for joining in our SFTW challenge, good luck! Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...