Sunday, September 4, 2011

For My History-Making Sister

I made this card for my fabulous sister. She is desperate to be a Red Hat Lady, but she's still too young. I decided to use the Red Hat Society color scheme for this card just to "cheer her up" until she finally can get that membership.


I started with this fun image from Viva Las Vegastamps.

It was perfect for my sister! I cut out the window behind the woman with an exacto knife and a pair of small detail scissors.

After I had my "window", I colored her in with Copic markers.

I added a band of Red Hat themed paper and the sentiment. Inside the card, I added another square of the Red Hat paper matted in bright green and my message. I used another of my fav birthday stamps for the inside. It's from Verses and reads "Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show: the more you have the longer you live".

Well-Behaved
Stamps: Feather Hat Lady and Well-Behaved Women (Viva Las Vegastamps); inside sentiment - not visible (Verses)
Paper: scrap of Red Hat Society themed paper
Cardstock: Certainly Celery and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: B00, B01, E00, Eo2, E11, R20, R24, R27, R29, V04, Vo6 and Y26
Tools: exacto knife and detail scissors

I hope my sister has finally gotten this card in the mail before she reads this post on my blog....hmmm.

Have a fabulous and fun day!

4 comments:

  1. LOL, ooh you are so wicked Shar.... terrific card, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and great quote, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you cut out the window; so simple but gives a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Your sister will love it - cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...