Saturday, August 6, 2011

Surf and Turf with RRD's New Beach Babes Plate

When I think of August, I think of trips to the seashore. Now, I can make that trip all year round with the fabulous new Beach Babes plate from Rogue Redhead Designs!

As soon as they arrived I was busy stamping away. You can check out my Simple Set Saturday cards from last week on the RRD blog. I used kraft cardstock and basic coloring with colored pencils to create a set of seaside notes. Here's one of them:




Today, I have a bunch of new and different cards for you. The first is a paper pieced card. I got this incredible painted sea background from Paper House Productions and married it with a soft woodgrain piece of scrap for a landscape. Onto that I added the sailboat and waving girl from Beach Babes. I stamped them first onto the background, then onto white cardstock which I colored with copics.

Sail Away
Stamps: waving girl and sailboat from Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Painted Waves (Paper House Productions) and a scrap of woodgrain paper
Cardstock: Broquade Blue and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink)
Copics: B00, E00, E02, E07, E09, E11, E34, E35, RV11, RV13, RV14, V09

The next card is a simple grid using minimal colors. I used the Thoreau quote to finish off this card. It reads "My life is like a stroll along the beach, as near the ocean's edge as I can go".

Upon the Beach
Stamps: seabirds, small shell and sentiment from Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Garden Green, Very Vanilla and Kraft (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Other: various Derwent pencils

Of course, I could not resist using the sandy beach background and I ended up creating a beach scene with the shell, starfish and crab. An interesting background is a great way to highlight a quote so that's what I did, matting the quote in the same color as the card base to bring it all together.

Little Drops of Water
Stamps: sandy beach background, starfish, crab, shell and sentiment from Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy and Kraft (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tea Dye and Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)

I also made a 4"x4" love note with a masculine feel using the sailboat, one of the borders and the "Oceans of Love" sentiment. I only added 3 colors to this vanilla square card, putting in some blue for the sea, some brown for the boat and a little subtle white for the sails.

Oceans of Love
Stamps: sailboat, border and sentiment from Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Other: various Derwent pencils

This fun set is available right now for the introductory price of $17.60US until September 6, 2011 when it will return to its regular price of $22.00US. Why not check out the RRD store?

Have an amazing day filled with summer breezes and happy memories!

12 comments:

  1. Your beach scene is wonderful. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Beach Babes stamps, Shar! Your artwork is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wowee these stamps are my favourite of all your stamps and love the beautiful cards you have created with them. Oooh I so wish we could buy these in the UK. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time creating with your darling new stamps. So sweet!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful scene you have created with your darling new stamps! And, your entire line of cards is great- looks like a fun fun day creating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Shar! I particularly like the paper pieced on - you always do that technique so well. And those patterned papers were made for this stamp set. It's an awesome new set - I can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colored pencil on the kraft CS, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous stamp plate and wonderful examples!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic stamp set! Your samples are amazing - each one so very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shar
    Your beautiful creations have such an evocative feel of more innocent times.
    Gorgeous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great plate! Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful card you created, with beautiful images and your coloring, Shar!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...