Monday, August 29, 2011

Magnetic Art

Right now Gingersnap Creations is having this fabulous Encouraging Words Magnet art exchange! Too cool, right? You create 4 unique magnets with some happy and deep thoughts and send them off and get 4 unique little masterpieces for your fridge or magnetic bulletin board!

I've long had my favorite ATC on my fridge in a little acrylic magnetic frame. It was the first one I ever ever made...really! It's still my favorite so I guess I didn't get any better.....anyway....


Yesterday, I posted a tutorial of the magnets I have been making for this art exchange. I only had to make 4 but I ended up making 9...ooops. Maybe I'll play twice.

Being a big fan of quotes and inspirational sayings, I made a couple that just focused on these ideas. Out came my two very favorite sentiments - Live the Life You've Imagined and Find Your Passion. I highlighted the IF in life with a bingo marker just for fun...then thought myself very clever. My fav of these two is the Find Your Passion because not only did I have a ton of fun making the background (smooshed distress ink with an overstamp of Rogue Redhead's sandy beach background) but I also found a couple of brilliant brads (okay, they've been in the drawer awhile) that said "Grow" and "Happy". Always good advice right?

Finally, I had to go back to my "go to" saying when I am creatively stuck. This one applies not only to my current artistic endeavors but also to my old profession and passion, writing! It reads "Silence Your Inner Critic". I have always found this advice helpful so thought I would remind myself again of this important idea with this mini clipboard.

Why not join in on the fun at GC at participate in this art exchange! You can also check out how I put all these pieces of magnetic art together and see the rest on my post on the GC blog.

8 comments:

  1. Silence Your Inner Critic definitely spoke to me. I would say anyone who creates is in need of those words to remind them of that every now and then (or all the time in my case LOL)
    A fabulous collection.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful assortment of magnets. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great magnets. Do hope we get enough players. Thought it would be a great art challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. your magnets are beautful and full of wisdom! i'm excited to play. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Love your blog Shar, will have to visit more often. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful...Maybe I should join this exchange! My refrigerator is trimmed in wood so no magnets for me LOL.take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic! Love the sentiments, every one of them. And you've created them in so many different ways. Fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...