Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Couple of Challenge Cards

Here's some more simple distress background/paper peiced cards I made yesterday. These two are for a couple of challenges I found while blurfing. I also have been dying to try out my new Stampotique stamps from Jo Capper-Sandon's line. Aren't her images awesome? Of course, Jo makes incredible cards so always worth a visit to her aptly-named blog - Jo Blogs.

The first card is for the PlayDate Cafe Splash of Color Challenge. I know they said "just a splash" and even wrote it in bold but I love BIG splashes! This might be more of a tsunami of color but at least it's only hue!

Mushroom Greetings
Stamps: Mushroom Group from the Jo Capper-Sandon line (Stampotique) and Thinking of You from Bits and Pieces plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Goldenrod Treasures, Glossy Premium White, Heavenly White and Black Pearl Glossy (PaperTemptress)
Ink: Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade (Ranger Distress Ink); Jet Black (StazOn)
Technique: paper peicing

The second card is for two challenges - Do You Stack Up's Wings Challenge and Crafty Creations' Seeing Double Challenge.

Owl Hi
Stamps: Wee Owl and Swirl Stalks from the Jo Capper-Sandon line (Stampotique) Hi from Bits and Pieces plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Periwinkle Treasures, Heavenly White, Glossy Premium White and Black Pearl Glossy (PaperTemptress)
Ink: Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass and Broken China (Ranger Distress Ink); Jet Black (StazOn)
Technique: paper peicing

To see how I made these cards, check out my post on the PaperTemptress blog.

15 comments:

  1. I really like your cards and the stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mushroom card. Love the the subtle color splash background.take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, Shar! That little owl is irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mushroom card! How did you do your background? is it on glossy paper? I like the owl card too, the stamps you used are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations in our "Seeing double" challenge - what a great creation....thoose owls are wonderful! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. heehee...(chuckling at the Wee Owls perched on the Stalks)...

    love what you did with the images Shar. And combining them with the RRD's is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tsunami of Color ... love that ... and love the contrast of the mushrooms on the colored background ... very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Shar - yes it is more a splash of black and white! But the mushrooms DO make a statement!! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. For Eloise:

    Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, I used glossy paper from PaperTemptress for my background panel. All the paper I used is shown under each card. If you would like to see how I made the background, you can follow the link at the end of the post to the PaperTemptress site where I posted a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both fantastic cards! I love the backgrounds! The mushroom one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your tsunami of color! I tend towards more than just a splash, too ;)! Such a great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great card Sharon! It has a real contemporary look to it. Thank you for joining our Wings challenge at DYSU. It’s a pleasure to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards and I love those mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...