Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Colors of the Modern Age

This month, on Gingersnap Creations, we've been celebrating the machine and playing with the steampunk style. Today, their Color Challenge is Leather, Iron and Brass. All great steampunking colors.

For my piece, I used some great images from Dezinaworld's Steampunk 4 collection. I fell in love with this little lady and her steampunked umbrella!


I decided to make a hanging on an old award plaque that I had acquired. It made a great base. I added some leather cord for the leather part of the challenge and some great old brass bangles attached on the bottom with raffia for the brass part. The lady herself has lots of hues of iron and brass. It was a lot of fun to make!


Hope you play along with us! Check the post for art by the outstanding Gingers and our fabulous Visiting Artists this month! You've got a whole 3 weeks to play with this fun color combo!

9 comments:

  1. Such an amazing hanging, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great image and I love what you created with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic hanging, love the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful plaque. I have a bunch and youve inspired me to use them!
    take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hanging, Shar! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i love how you did this one sharon. Its a gorgeous hanger and fab use of the image.
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...